Thursday, January 24, 2008

Bike Tip of the Week



How To Set Up A New Bike Chain - video powered by Metacafe

DBC Masters tip of the Week... Keeping your chain in
top shape is of the utmost importance. I will generaly
clean my chain thoroughly at least once or twice a month.
This means removing the chain from the Bike. During the Race
season I will replace my chain at least twice. To clean my
chain I have a small bucket with cleaner, a parts cleaning
brush, and some gloves. At the same time I will pull my
cassette off the wheel, and clean it as well.
Clean parts for carefree Riding and Racing.

2 comments:

Jason Eiserich said...

Hey Captain Fred!

Thanks for the info! I'm cleaning and lubing the drive now. Do you recommend Dura Ace or Ultegra chains for all-around training/racing? Inquiring minds want to know.... ;-}

jas

FWS said...

Hey Jas...

I use Ultegra on the Steely, and
Dura Ace on the Felt. I also use
the Sram power link on both chains.
That makes cleaning, and removal
much easier.

Ciao